This privacy notice explains what personal data we hold about you in connection with your use of our website, how we collect it, and how we use and share Personal Data collected via the website.
What is covered
- Who can I contact if I have any questions?
- What type of information we have
- How we get the information and why we have it
- What we do with the information
- How we store your information
- Your data protection rights
- How to complain
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
The Posh Pundit Syndicate Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 14360636. [The company name will be changed to The Posh Pundit Racing Club Limited during December 2022].
|Registered office address||20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU|
|Main contact||Rupert de Quincey Adams|
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers (name)
- Contact data (email address, billing and delivery addresses and phone number)
- Website Data (information collected during your use of our website)
- Survey / Questionnaire Responses (information provided by you in response to invitations to events and race days)
- Financial data (payment details provided during checkout)
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Your name and postal address is used to send your initial membership documents
- Your email address is used to confirm payment, send weekly membership updates and other membership communication. Your email address may also be obtained by subscribing to our newsletter.
- Website data is aggregated to create statistical data and other non-personal information which we may use to provide and improve our services
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey
- Submitting a question or comment through the ‘contact us’ tab
- Financial data is passed through the website to an industry-leading payment provider and not retained by us
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations particularly for record keeping
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent during the checkout process. You are able to remove your consent at any time by contacting Rupert de Quincey Adams with email or postal address in the section ‘Our contact details’. Removing your consent will result in us being unable to send any products or services or the weekly membership updates.
- We have a contractual obligation to send you products and provide a service as per our terms and conditions.
- We have a legal obligation to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
- We have a legitimate interest to improve our website and with commercial interest to attract new customers with minimal impact on privacy
What we do with the information
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide a product or service as per our terms and conditions.
We will not share this information with any organisation or individual without your explicit permission to do so. We will share your information where we have a legal obligation to do so (e.g. Police, HMRC).
If you respond to an invitation for an event or race day we will use your personal and contact details to communicate arrangements for the occasion.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on hardware or industry-leading third party cloud-based storage and systems.
We keep your personal information and contact details for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for; for the duration of your membership and to fulfil our legal obligations for financial records. We will then dispose your information by deleting your data on hardware and third party cloud-based storage and systems. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Our website and emails may contain links to other websites, plug-ins and applications. We are not responsible for the content or practices of these other sites and we recommend that you check their privacy policies.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
We hope there is no reason to complain or that you would contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s postal address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Your data protection rights